Mail Box Mondays
Thanks to Danielle L. Jackson of Sourcebooks, Inc. for this review copy!
Thanks to Hachette Books for this book. I really wanted it but I'm pretty sure I didn't request it, so I was very suprised when it arrived on my doorstep.
Posted by Teddy Rose at 10:34 PM
Labels: Mail Box Mondays
I just checked out STAND THE STORM - and added it to my wish list. Sounds like a really good book.
Anonymous said... June 17, 2009 at 2:52 AM
When I first saw this I was a bit excited at the prospect of getting hold of the Margaret Campbell Barnes book. I was a bit jealous until I realised that I got the same book the other day! LOL!
Marg said... June 17, 2009 at 4:31 AM
Both of your books look good - I really want to read Stand the Storm.
bermudaonion said... June 17, 2009 at 5:49 AM
What a great surprise! Enjoy your books!
avisannschild said... June 17, 2009 at 8:15 AM
It's always nice to get a pleasant surprise like that.. Congrats on that :)
BurtonReview said... June 17, 2009 at 12:00 PM
Lynne, it does look good.
Marg, LOL!
Kathy, me too.
Avisannchild and Marie, thanks! It was a nice suprise.
Teddy Rose said... June 17, 2009 at 12:41 PM
They both look good, but Stand the Storm particularly caught my eye. Enjoy your new books!
Literary Feline said... June 17, 2009 at 8:58 PM
Wendy, it does look good!
Teddy Rose said... June 17, 2009 at 9:11 PM
These sound good. Happy reading!
--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric
Anonymous said... June 18, 2009 at 7:17 AM
Hi there! Great Mailbox. I can wait to read stand the storm.
Toni said... June 18, 2009 at 8:42 AM
I'll be reading these two also Teddy. Doesn't The Tudor Rose sound good? I can't wait to read it.
Darlene said... June 18, 2009 at 10:40 AM
Anna, Thanks!
Toni, it does look good.
Dar, it sure does. After reading The King's Fool, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to read more by Barnes.
Teddy Rose said... June 18, 2009 at 1:59 PM
I haven't read The King's Fool. I'll have to check it out.
Darlene said... June 18, 2009 at 3:24 PM
I just got both of those, last week. They look terrific. I've only gotten two books I didn't think I requested, from regular sources. Sometimes they make mistakes. A few weeks ago, I got two copies of two different books. I hate to think people aren't getting the copies they requested because someone wrote the same address twice, but it happens.
Bookfool said... June 18, 2009 at 7:51 PM
Dar, I think you would really like King's Fool!
Bookfool, maybe that's it. I'm glad they sent me a copy even though I didn't request it. I really like books on slavery.
Teddy Rose said... June 18, 2009 at 10:06 PM
The Tudor Rose looks pretty cool
Anonymous said... June 20, 2009 at 10:37 AM
Nightdweller, it sure does. I'm looking forward to it!
Teddy Rose said... June 20, 2009 at 4:49 PM
Post a Comment