Maibox Monday
MailBox Monday now has it's very own blog, Mailbox Monday. It is also on tour and is being hosted by I'm Booking It in March.
I received this book in my mailbox:
Great Philosophers Who Failed at Love by Andrew Shaffer.
I won this from The Girl From the Ghetto.
I received the following books (in my Inbox, rather than my mailbox). They were all courtesy of Sourcebooks during their Celebration of "Read an ebook Week":
This was a really score for me, I have been wanting it ever since it was released!
I have never read a Howard Fast book but have heard great things about this series. This is the first book in the series.
I'm not sure about this one but it is a book of short stories about the Civil war. I thought it might be worthwhile.
What did you get in your mailbox?
Tweet
I received this book in my mailbox:
Great Philosophers Who Failed at Love by Andrew Shaffer.
I won this from The Girl From the Ghetto.
I received the following books (in my Inbox, rather than my mailbox). They were all courtesy of Sourcebooks during their Celebration of "Read an ebook Week":
This was a really score for me, I have been wanting it ever since it was released!
I have never read a Howard Fast book but have heard great things about this series. This is the first book in the series.
I'm not sure about this one but it is a book of short stories about the Civil war. I thought it might be worthwhile.
What did you get in your mailbox?
Tweet





Hope you enjoy your books! How do you feel about ebooks? I don't accept ebooks. I don't have an ebook reader, and there is no way I would enjoy reading a book on my computer! And I haven't decided whether or not I would like an ereader. There is just something about the look and feel and smell of a real book!
Heather said... March 15, 2011 at 4:43 AM
I should have grabbed Highest Stakes since the author is local for me. Enjoy your new books!
bermudaonion said... March 15, 2011 at 5:55 AM
Didn't ALL of the great philosophers fail at love? LOL! Seriously, that one looks like a totally interesting read! I love the cover on Highest Stakes, and The Immigrants is on my wishlist! Enjoy your reading week!
Julie said... March 15, 2011 at 8:07 AM
Heather, I would never want to give up real books but I do love my ereader. It's a Kobo, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles as some do but It is easy to use. Most e-readers use what the call "true ink technology" which makes the reading experience much the same as reading a book. It is not backlit like a computer, so it is as easy on the eyes as a regular book. You even need a booklite if you are going to read it in the dark, just like a book. I especially like it for fat books, as it is much lighter than a heavy book.
I wouldn't recommend a color Nook because it is backlite, so would be loke reading off a computer.
Teddy Rose said... March 15, 2011 at 9:52 PM
Kathy, it's received some really good reviews by some of our peers.
Teddy Rose said... March 15, 2011 at 9:54 PM
Julie, "Didn't ALL of the great philosophers fail at love?" Perhaps someone should research that and if they find even one that succeed, write a book about the. Although it would probably be dull. LOL!
Teddy Rose said... March 15, 2011 at 9:57 PM
I'm especially curious about the Civil War book. Happy reading!
Anonymous said... March 18, 2011 at 7:33 PM
Happy that you won that book! Have you started reading it yet? How do you like it?
The Girl from the Ghetto said... March 30, 2011 at 7:02 PM
Hi Girl, no I haven't started yet. It will be awhile.
Teddy Rose said... March 30, 2011 at 11:09 PM
Post a Comment