Monday, April 18, 2011

Mailbox Monday


Mailbox Monday now has it's very own blog, Mailbox Monday.  It is also on tour and is being hosted by Passages to the Past in April.

I received three books in my inbox:

 I won Sultina by Lisa J. Yarde from a giveaway at History and Women. Lisa sent On Falcon's Wings along with it.  Thanks You!











Sourcebooks is having another sale and for $4.99 I couldn't resist.  I have been staying away from Ciji Ware because a lot of her books sound like they have a bit too much emphasis on romance rather than the historical.  However, I am very interested in the historical aspect of this novel so thought I would give it and Ciji Ware a try.

11 comments:

Both of those Yarde books look interesting. I've got A Race to Splendor on my list at the library. I don't mind romance-oriented historicals, so long as the historical part is accurate! Thanks for stopping by :)

I got one of Ciji Ware's books during the sale too. I hope you love all of your new books.

Enjoy your books. A Race to Splendor is on my wish list.

Enjoy your new books! I read Island of the Swans by Ciji Ware and thought it was pretty good despite its length. Looking forward to your thoughts on A Race to Splendor.

Lady Q, I like some romance as long as it isn't the main focus. I agree on historical accuracy, that's important!

Kathy, We can compare notes on Ware, LOL! Thanks!

Carol, it wasn't on mine but the description made me interested and for $4.99 if I don't like it, I didn't pay a pile of money.

Anna, I know she tends to write chunky books. I like chunky though but I prefer to read them on my Kobo because I trouble holding chunky books. I have some hand pain.

I've been reading A Race to Splendor and it's quite good!

Congratulations on the wins! A Race to Splendor is on my to-buy list; I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks Julie!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home