Presidential Reading Challenge July 4- November 4, 2008
Becky from Becky's Book Reviews is hosting yet another Challenge! The Presidential Reading Challenge is set up to allow participants to pick a level of reading which suits their needs.
Heres how the challenge works:
For levels I through 3, readers are asked to read books which are either "fiction or nonfiction, for adults or for children.They need to be about a president or first lady or in someway connected to the President (children, pets, other relatives, friends, etc.) The book can be written from other points of view--from a servant, slave, friend, aide, employee, etc.--but the President and/or someone from his family would need to enter into it at some point."
I am going to participate in Level one:
Level one: Commit to reading ONE book between July 4, 2008 and November 4, 2008.
The book I plan to read for the challenge is (subject to change):
Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings: An American Controversy by Annette Gordon-Reed







Welcome to the challenge. :) You asked a question on my post, and I thought I'd answer it here. If you decide to switch levels that is fine with me. :) And the reverse is also true, by the way, if anyone decides to downgrade they can.
Becky said... July 3, 2008 at 8:37 AM
Thanks Becky!
Teddy Rose said... July 3, 2008 at 7:48 PM
Wow, another one! I'll look forward to your review. One sounds like about the right number for a presidential challenge, to me!
Bookfool said... July 3, 2008 at 8:26 PM
I thought so too Bookfool. Especially with all of the other challenges I'm in.
Since I'm a citizen of both sides of the boarder and already doing the Canadian challenge I thought it only fair that I do a U.S. one as well.
Teddy Rose said... July 4, 2008 at 8:56 PM
Post a Comment