Friday, December 17, 2010

Giveaway:The Science of Kissing- What Our Lips Are Telling Us By Sheril Kirshenbaum

Thanks to Brianne Beers of Hachette Book Group, I am giving away up to 3 copies of this book. 

Book Description:

From a noted science journalist comes a wonderfully witty and fascinating exploration of how and why we kiss.

When did humans begin to kiss? Why is kissing integral to some cultures and alien to others? Do good kissers make the best lovers? And is that expensive lip-plumping gloss worth it? Sheril Kirshenbaum, a biologist and science journalist, tackles these questions and more in THE SCIENCE OF KISSING. It's everything you always wanted to know about kissing but either haven't asked, couldn't find out, or didn't realize you should understand. The book is informed by the latest studies and theories, but Kirshenbaum's engaging voice gives the information a light touch. Topics range from the kind of kissing men like to do (as distinct from women) to what animals can teach us about the kiss to whether or not the true art of kissing was lost sometime in the Dark Ages. Drawing upon classical history, evolutionary biology, psychology, popular culture, and more, Kirshenbaum's winning book will appeal to romantics and armchair scientists alike.



The number of entrants to this giveaway will determine how many copies of this book I will giveaway:

1-10 entrants= 1
11-20 entrants= 2
21 or more entrants= 3

To Enter:
Leave a comment with your email address, so I can contact you if you win.

Extra Entries:  (please leave a separate comment for each, for instance you you are a follower, leave 3 comments that you are a follower).

+3 Old or new follower of this blog.
+3 Old or new follower on Twitter ().
+3 Be my friend on Facebook (Teddy Rose).
+3 "Like" the post about this giveaway on Facebook
+3 Be my friend on Goodreads (Teddy).
+1 for each comment on a book review I have done. (Be sure to tell me which ones).
+1 for clicking to give free food at The Animal Rescue Site (tell me you did it).( Up to 1 time per day)
+1 for clicking to give free books at The Literacy Site (tell me you did it). ( Up to 1 time per day)

That's 18 or more possible entries!

Sorry, the giveaway is only open US and Canadian residents only.
The winner’s mailing address: NO P.O.Boxes.
Only one entry per household/IP address
 
Winners will be subject to the one copy per household rule, which means that if you win the same title in two or more contests, you will receive only one copy of the book.

This giveaway will end on Friday, January 7th,11:59 P.M. E.S.T. The winners will be notified by email. Winners must respond within TWO days or will be disqualified.


105 comments:

This book sounds super interesting I would love to give it a read.
frellathon(at)gmail(dot)com

Old follower.
frellathon(at)gmail(dot)com

Clicked for Animal rescue site
frellathon(at)gmail(dot)com

Clicked for the Literacy site
frellathon(at)gmail(dot)com

Please count me in. I love kissing!

lizzi0915 at aol dot com

This comment has been removed by the author.

New follower on Twitter!

ajinnashville(at)gmail.com

New follower
ajinnashville(at)gmail.com

Awesome concept! Can't wait to read this book! Thanks for this opportunity!

ajinnashville(at)gmail.com

I want this! Sounds great! I have been following without "following" but will sign up now... thanks!
juliabethjenkins at gmail dot com

new follower :)
juliabethjenkins at gmail dot com

juliabethjenkins at gmail dot com

juliabethjenkins at gmail dot com

thanks for the tips at the animal rescue site and the literacy site - I didn't know those and have clicked both (second comment follows)
juliabethjenkins at gmail dot com

juliabethjenkins at gmail dot com

This is just the kind of book I like, about our culture. Thanks.

callista83 AT cogeco DOT ca

Follower 1 of 3

callista83 AT cogeco DOT ca

Follower 2 of 3

callista83 AT cogeco DOT ca

Follower 3 of 3

callista83 AT cogeco DOT ca

Twitter follower 1 of 3

callista83 AT cogeco DOT ca

Twitter Follower 2 of 3

callista83 AT cogeco DOT ca

Twitter Follower 3 of 3

callista83 AT cogeco DOT ca

Friend on Goodreads 1 of 3

callista83 AT cogeco DOT ca

Friend on Goodreads 2 of 3

callista83 AT cogeco DOT ca

Friend on Goodreads 3 of 3

callista83 AT cogeco DOT ca

I gave free food to Animal Rescue Site

callista83 AT cogeco DOT ca

I gave free book to Literacy Site

callista83 AT cogeco DOT ca

I commented on the review of Oogy.

callista83 AT cogeco DOT ca

What a neat book! As a writer myself, I could get a lot of good use out of it!

Margay1122ATaolDOTcom

The Science of kissing, huh? It does sound interesting...
shetreadssoftly(at)gmail(dot)com

follower
shetreadssoftly(at)gmail(dot)com

follower
shetreadssoftly(at)gmail(dot)com

follower
shetreadssoftly(at)gmail(dot)com

Clicked to give food on the animal rescue site
shetreadssoftly(at)gmail(dot)com

Clicked to give books on the literacy site
shetreadssoftly(at)gmail(dot)com

friend on facebook
juliabethjenkins at gmail dot com

juliabethjenkins at gmail dot com

juliabethjenkins at gmail dot com

liked post on facebook
juliabethjenkins at gmail dot com

juliabethjenkins at gmail dot com

juliabethjenkins at gmail dot com

animal rescue site
juliabethjenkins at gmail dot com

literacy site
juliabethjenkins at gmail dot com

What an interesting book!

Thanks for the giveaway!


taffy(dot)lovell@gmail.com

I'm a follower


taffy(dot)lovell@gmail.com

I'd love to be entered, this sound so interesting! :)
Thanks for the chance!

+3 Old follower of this blog.

estrella [dot] azul20 [at] gmail [dot] com

+3 New follower on Twitter (@teddyrose1).

estrella [dot] azul20 [at] gmail [dot] com

+3 Friend on Facebook (Teddy Rose)

estrella [dot] azul20 [at] gmail [dot] com

+3 "Liked" the post about this giveaway on Facebook

estrella [dot] azul20 [at] gmail [dot] com

Sounds good!

billiondollarprincesss@hotmail.com

I'd love to enter!

aikychien at yahoo dot com

I'm a new follower. #1

aikychien at yahoo dot com

I'm a new follower. #2

aikychien at yahoo dot com

I'm a new follower. #3

aikychien at yahoo dot com

Twitter follower @aikchien
#1

aikychien at yahoo dot com

Twitter follower @aikchien
#2

aikychien at yahoo dot com

Twitter follower @aikchien
#3

aikychien at yahoo dot com

Facebook fan [Aik Chien]
#1

aikychien at yahoo dot com

Facebook fan [Aik Chien]
#2

aikychien at yahoo dot com

Facebook fan [Aik Chien]
#3

aikychien at yahoo dot com

Goodreads friend [Aik Chien]
#1

aikychien at yahoo dot com

Goodreads friend [Aik Chien]
#2

aikychien at yahoo dot com

Goodreads friend [Aik Chien]
#3

aikychien at yahoo dot com

I clicked to give free food at The Animal Rescue Site

aikychien at yahoo dot com

I clicked to give free books at The Literacy Site

aikychien at yahoo dot com

This book sounds interesting. Thanks for the wonderful giveaway.

dianad8008 AT gmail DOT com

New blog follower.#1 Thanks

dianad8008 AT gmail DOT com

New blog follower #2. Thanks

dianad8008 AT gmail DOT com

New blog follower. #3. Thanks


dianad8008 AT gmail DOT com

This looks like an amazing book!

shanaelyse@gmail.com

sounds like a great read!

nicolemarielum @gmail.com

I would really love to read this. Thanks for the great giveaway :)

mrsjohnson1982 at yahoo dot com

please count me in..thanks :)

karenk
kmkuka at yahoo dot com

Would love to read this.
rsgrandinetti@yahoo(Dot)com

I follow as Renee G on GFC.
rsgrandinetti@yahoo(DOT)com
#1

I follow as Renee G on GFC.
rsgrandinetti@yahoo(DOT)com
#2

I follow as Renee G on GFC.
rsgrandinetti@yahoo(DOT)com
#3

Sounds interesting and different. =)
tiredwkids at live dot com

I'm an old follower.
tiredwkids at live dot com

I'm an old follower.
tiredwkids at live dot com

I'm an old follower.
tiredwkids at live dot com

I'm a friend on Goodreads.
tiredwkids at live dot com

I'm a friend on Goodreads.
tiredwkids at live dot com

I'm a friend on Goodreads.
tiredwkids at live dot com

oh I would love this one!
june_spirit2628 at hotmail dot com

Thanks for the giveaway! A book about something so basic as kissing. I'm intrigued.

BornajhawkATaolDOTcom

#1 Old GFC follower (Bornajhawk).

BornajhawkATaolDOTcom

#2 Old GFC follower (Bornajhawk).

BornajhawkATaolDOTcom

#3 Old GFC follower (Bornajhawk).

BornajhawkATaolDOTcom

#1 Already follow on Twitter @MamaHendo3.

BornajhawkATaolDOTcom

#2 Already follow on Twitter @MamaHendo3.

BornajhawkATaolDOTcom

#3 Already follow on Twitter @MamaHendo3.

BornajhawkATaolDOTcom

#1 Already FB friend (Laura Grassie Henderson).

BornajhawkATaolDOTcom

#2 Already FB friend (Laura Grassie Henderson).

BornajhawkATaolDOTcom

#3 Already FB friend (Laura Grassie Henderson).

BornajhawkATaolDOTcom

#1 "Liked" this post on FB (Laura Grassie Henderson).

BornajhawkATaolDOTcom

#2 "Liked" this post on FB (Laura Grassie Henderson).

BornajhawkATaolDOTcom

#3 "Liked" this post on FB (Laura Grassie Henderson).

BornajhawkATaolDOTcom

#1 Already Goodreads friend (Laura Henderson).

BornajhawkATaolDOTcom

#2 Already Goodreads friend (Laura Henderson).

BornajhawkATaolDOTcom

#3 Already Goodreads friend (Laura Henderson).

BornajhawkATaolDOTcom

Commented on your "The Postmistress" review.

BornajhawkATaolDOTcom

Gave free food at The Animal Rescue Site.

BornajhawkATaolDOTcom

Gave free books at The Literacy Site.

BornajhawkATaolDOTcom

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home