Thursday, October 10, 2013

Giveaway: RASPUTIN’S SHADOW by Raymond Khoury

Thanks to Alissa Letkowski of Meryl L. Moss Media Relations, Inc., I am giving away one copy of  RASPUTIN’S SHADOW.


Book Description:


Rasputin was a monk blessed by God, a malicious killer, a mastermind, a renegade, a fraud. Even the most lauded historians haven’t decided which of these descriptors best fit the illusive figure from Russia’s past. And no one can understand his incredible rise from a starving, degenerate peasant to the Tsar’s most trusted advisor. No one, that is, except Leo Sokolov. And so begins RASPUTIN’S SHADOW. Khoury’s novel is filled with modern-day action as FBI Agent Sean Reilly and his unexpected partner Russian FSB Agent Larisa Sokolova search to uncover a mysterious device that has led to the suicide of a Russian embassy attaché and the disappearance of a Russian physics teacher, Leo Sokolov. Their adventure leads them into an unexpected rendezvous with the lost journals of Rasputin’s confidant, and to the frightening realization that the device wreaking havoc on modern-day Manhattan may have been used for even greater destruction a century earlier in Russia.

RASPUTIN’S SHADOW delivers in the way a thriller should. It melds historical disaster with modern retribution. The novel is heart-racing and smart, full of twists and turns and action scenes that seem as real as the pages that you’re reading.

Praise for Raymond Khoury

“History, mystery, suspense, and action—Khoury knows the recipe for a good read.” Library Journal

"Khoury carries the story off nicely…this is a fast-paced, enjoyable tale.” Kirkus Reviews

“Unrelenting action.”―Publisher’s Weekly

“…filled with action, chases and mind-blowing historical perspective that will engage fans of this genre and once again place Raymond Khoury back at the forefront of modern historical fiction adventures."―Bookreporter

About Raymond Khoury:


RAYMOND KHOURY is a New York Times bestselling author of several novels, including The Last Templar, The Templar Salvation and The Sanctuary. Born in Beirut, Khoury and his family fled to Rye, New York when he was 14 to escape Lebanon’s civil war. Khoury worked as an architect and investment banker before becoming a successful screenwriter and producer for networks such as BBC. Today, he focuses on his writing career. Rasputin’s Shadow is his sixth book.

This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only and ends on October 24, 2013.  Please use Rafflcopter to enter.
a Rafflecopter giveaway



12 comments:

Fantastic and fascinating novel. saubleb(at)gmail(dot)com

This sounds really fascinating.
amyc

This book sounds very interesting. I need to put it on my TBR list.

Carolyn Valdez

wow, I would be very interested in this new take on Rasputin! thanks for the giveaway Emma

This sounds like a very interesting story. One that I would love to read.

This sounds excellent. Modern day Russia with it's rich and dark history is always a wonderful choice for setting a thriller. I'm excited to read it already.

Interesting premise

This book sounds real interesting. I do believe I would read this book for sure.

Sounds like a type of book I'd like to read. Rasputin has such a legend surrounding him.
Thanks!

Ooh, I love a good thriller! This seems very interesting!

Sounds like an amazing book, one full of action and intrigue that would be hard to put down. I would love to read it. Thanks for having the giveaway.
ayancey1974(at)gmail(dot)com

Thank you for the giveaway. I am a big fan.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home