Crash by Mayra Calvani, Illustrated by Anna Pylypachuk
This week I read a children's book for Short Story Monday. I received this book quite sometime ago from the author and decided I was over due in reading and reviewing it.
Marcelo was celebrating his fifth birthday and his parents gave him a box with holes to open. The box shook and there was a yelp inside. He opened it up and out jumped a golden retriever puppy. His parents told him that it was his puppy so he should name him. He wanted to choose a name that reflected the puppy's personality so he waited to get to know him better.
Marcelo and the puppy did everything together and Marcelo did a good job taking care of him. They became best friends fast. It took quite some time for Marcelo to think of a name for his new friend but finally the puppy did something that gave Marcelo an idea for the name.









The drawing is adorable! What a great experience for a 16 year old to illustrate a children's book.
JoAnn said... February 23, 2010 at 4:56 PM
Joann, I think so too.
Teddy Rose said... February 24, 2010 at 3:37 PM
Post a Comment