Giveaway: Death of a Chimney Sweep By M. C. Beaton
Thanks to Brianne Beers of Hachette Book Group, I am giving away up to 3 copies of this book.
Book Description:
In the south of Scotland, residents get their chimneys vacuum-cleaned. But in the isolated villages in the very north of Scotland, the villagers rely on the services of the itinerant sweep, Pete Ray, and his old-fashioned brushes. Pete is always able to find work in the Scottish highlands, until one day when Police Constable Hamish Macbeth notices blood dripping onto the floor of a villager's fireplace, and a dead body stuffed inside the chimney. The entire town of Lochdubh is certain Pete is the culprit, but Hamish doesn't believe that the affable chimney sweep is capable of committing murder. Then Pete's body is found on the Scottish moors, and the mystery deepens. Once again, it's up to Hamish to discover who's responsible for the dirty deed--and this time, the murderer may be closer than he realizes.The number of entrants to this giveaway will determine how many copies of this book I will giveaway:
1-10 entrants= 1
11-20 entrants= 2
21 or more entrants = 3
To Enter:
Leave a comment with your email address, so I can contact you if you win.
Extra Entries: (please leave a separate comment for each, for instance you you are a follower, leave 3 comments that you are a follower).
+3 Old or new follower of this blog.
+3 Old or new follower on Twitter (@teddyrose1).
+3 Be my friend on Facebook (Teddy Rose).
+3 "Like" the post about this giveaway on Facebook
+3 Be my friend on Goodreads (Teddy).
+3 for Joining my Books Won Reading Challenge (be sure to follow the rules and then let me know you joined here.)
+3 for Joining my Books Won Reading Challenge (be sure to follow the rules and then let me know you joined here.)
+1 for each comment on a book review I have done. (Be sure to tell me which ones).
+1 for clicking to give free food at The Animal Rescue Site (tell me you did it).( Up to 1 time per day)
+1 for clicking to give free books at The Literacy Site (tell me you did it). ( Up to 1 time per day)
That's 21 or more possible entries!
Sorry, the giveaway is only open US and Canadian residents only.
The winner’s mailing address: NO P.O.Boxes.
Only one entry per household/IP address
The winner’s mailing address: NO P.O.Boxes.
Only one entry per household/IP address
Winners will be subject to the one copy per household rule, which means that if you win the same title in two or more contests, you will receive only one copy of the book.
This giveaway will end on Sunday, March 13th, 11:59 P.M. E.S.T. The winners will be notified by email. Winners must respond within TWO days or will be disqualified.
Tweet








I would love to read this book! Please enter me in the giveaway.
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... February 26, 2011 at 11:25 PM
old blog follower #1
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... February 26, 2011 at 11:26 PM
old blog follower #2
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... February 26, 2011 at 11:26 PM
old blog follower #3
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... February 26, 2011 at 11:26 PM
old Twitter follower (@bookloversarah) #1
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... February 26, 2011 at 11:27 PM
old Twitter follower (@bookloversarah) #2
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... February 26, 2011 at 11:27 PM
old Twitter follower (@bookloversarah) #3
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... February 26, 2011 at 11:28 PM
Facebook friend (Sarah Emmerson) #1
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... February 26, 2011 at 11:29 PM
Facebook friend (Sarah Emmerson) #2
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... February 26, 2011 at 11:29 PM
Facebook friend (Sarah Emmerson) #3
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... February 26, 2011 at 11:29 PM
Liked this post on Facebook #1
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... February 26, 2011 at 11:32 PM
Liked this post on Facebook #2
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... February 26, 2011 at 11:33 PM
Liked this post on Facebook #3
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... February 26, 2011 at 11:33 PM
#1
I could not add you as a friend on Goodreads because I did not know the answer to the question "What was my dog's name?", which is a requirement to send you a Goodreads friend request. I guessed "D.J.", but that was wrong.
Here is my Goodreads profile. Perhaps you can add me. :)
http://www.goodreads.com/sarahemmerson
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... February 26, 2011 at 11:41 PM
#3
I could not add you as a friend on Goodreads because I did not know the answer to the question "What was my dog's name?", which is a requirement to send you a Goodreads friend request. I guessed "D.J.", but that was wrong.
Here is my Goodreads profile. Perhaps you can add me. :)
http://www.goodreads.com/sarahemmerson
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... February 26, 2011 at 11:41 PM
clicked the Animal Rescue Site.
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... February 26, 2011 at 11:42 PM
clicked the Literacy Site.
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... February 26, 2011 at 11:43 PM
I would love to win this giveaway. I am GFC follower of your site. Thank you so much for hosting this giveaway.
steven(dot)capell(at)gmail(dot)com
Steve Capell said... February 27, 2011 at 4:51 AM
Love this series and would love to win this book.
littleone AT shaw DOT ca
PoCoKat said... February 27, 2011 at 9:17 AM
Old Follower 1
littleone AT shaw DOT ca
PoCoKat said... February 27, 2011 at 9:17 AM
Old follower 2
littleone AT shaw DOT ca
PoCoKat said... February 27, 2011 at 9:18 AM
Old follower 3
littleone AT shaw DOT ca
PoCoKat said... February 27, 2011 at 9:18 AM
FB friend 1
littleone AT shaw DOT ca
PoCoKat said... February 27, 2011 at 9:18 AM
FB friend 2
littleone AT shaw DOT ca
PoCoKat said... February 27, 2011 at 9:19 AM
FB friend 3
littleone AT shaw Dot ca
PoCoKat said... February 27, 2011 at 9:19 AM
Like the post on FB 1
littleone AT shaw DOT ca
PoCoKat said... February 27, 2011 at 9:20 AM
Like the post on FB 2
littleone AT shaw DOT ca
PoCoKat said... February 27, 2011 at 9:20 AM
Like the Post on FB 3
littleone AT shaw DOT ca
PoCoKat said... February 27, 2011 at 9:21 AM
I'd love to win a copy of Death of a Chimney Sweep!
shetreadssoftly (at) gmail (dot) com
Lori L said... February 27, 2011 at 11:12 AM
I'm an old follower
shetreadssoftly (at) gmail (dot) com
Lori L said... February 27, 2011 at 11:13 AM
I'm an old follower
shetreadssoftly (at) gmail (dot) com
Lori L said... February 27, 2011 at 11:13 AM
I'm an old follower
shetreadssoftly (at) gmail (dot) com
Lori L said... February 27, 2011 at 11:14 AM
I clicked to give free food to the animal rescue site
shetreadssoftly (at) gmail (dot) com
Lori L said... February 27, 2011 at 11:14 AM
I clicked to give free books on the literacy site
shetreadssoftly (at) gmail (dot) com
Lori L said... February 27, 2011 at 11:15 AM
I would love to win this book by this author.
cenya2 at hotmail dot com
Marjorie/cenya2 said... February 27, 2011 at 11:50 AM
I am an old follower 1.
cenya2 at hotmail dot com
Marjorie/cenya2 said... February 27, 2011 at 11:50 AM
I am an old follower #2.
cenya2 at hotmail dot com
Marjorie/cenya2 said... February 27, 2011 at 11:51 AM
I am an old follower #3.
cenya2 at hotmail dot com
Marjorie/cenya2 said... February 27, 2011 at 11:52 AM
I am your friend on facebook.
Marjorie R.
cenya2 at hotmail dot com
Marjorie/cenya2 said... February 27, 2011 at 11:52 AM
#2 I am your friend on facebook.
cenya2 at hotmail dot com
Marjorie/cenya2 said... February 27, 2011 at 11:53 AM
#3 I am your friend on facebook.
cenya2 at hotmail dot com
Marjorie/cenya2 said... February 27, 2011 at 11:53 AM
I clicked on the animal rescue site today.
cenya2 at hotmail dot com
Marjorie/cenya2 said... February 27, 2011 at 11:57 AM
I clicked on the Literacy Site.
cenya2 at hotmail dot com
Marjorie/cenya2 said... February 27, 2011 at 11:58 AM
I liked this giveaway on facebook.
cenya2 at hotmail dot com
Marjorie/cenya2 said... February 27, 2011 at 12:06 PM
I liked this giveaway on facebook.
cenya2 at hotmail dot com
Marjorie/cenya2 said... February 27, 2011 at 12:09 PM
I liked this giveaway on facebook.
cenya2 at hotmail dot com
Marjorie/cenya2 said... February 27, 2011 at 12:10 PM
Ah, the plot gave me the chills. Sounds like a great armchair mystery with a cup of cocoa ~
Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said... February 27, 2011 at 1:27 PM
Thanks for hosting this giveaway, would love to read book.
lisa.shaw@barbersport.ca
Lisa said... February 27, 2011 at 1:57 PM
Old follower #1 post
lisa.shaw@barbersport.ca
Lisa said... February 27, 2011 at 1:58 PM
Old follower #2 post
lisa.shaw@barbersport.ca
Lisa said... February 27, 2011 at 1:59 PM
Old follower #3 post
lisa.shaw@barbersport.ca
Lisa said... February 27, 2011 at 2:00 PM
The Animal Rescue Site.
Gave free food today.
lisa.shaw@barbersport.ca
Lisa said... February 27, 2011 at 2:09 PM
The Literacy Site
Gave a free book today
lisa.shaw@barbersport.ca
Lisa said... February 27, 2011 at 2:11 PM
I'd like to read a good Scottish mystery.
meredithfl at gmail dot com
Meredith said... February 27, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Old follower
meredithfl at gmail dot com
1
Meredith said... February 27, 2011 at 2:39 PM
Old follower
meredithfl at gmail dot com
2
Meredith said... February 27, 2011 at 2:39 PM
Old follower
meredithfl at gmail dot com
3
Meredith said... February 27, 2011 at 2:39 PM
Old Twitter follower @tessaa99
meredithfl at gmail dot com
1
Meredith said... February 27, 2011 at 2:39 PM
Old Twitter follower @tessaa99
meredithfl at gmail dot com
2
Meredith said... February 27, 2011 at 2:40 PM
Old Twitter follower @tessaa99
meredithfl at gmail dot com
3
Meredith said... February 27, 2011 at 2:40 PM
Facebook Friend
meredithfl at gmail dot com
1
Meredith said... February 27, 2011 at 2:40 PM
Facebook Friend
meredithfl at gmail dot com
2
Meredith said... February 27, 2011 at 2:40 PM
Facebook Friend
meredithfl at gmail dot com
3
Meredith said... February 27, 2011 at 2:40 PM
I liked your giveaway post on FB
meredithfl at gmail dot com
1
Meredith said... February 27, 2011 at 2:41 PM
I liked your giveaway post on FB
meredithfl at gmail dot com
2
Meredith said... February 27, 2011 at 2:41 PM
I liked your giveaway post on FB
meredithfl at gmail dot com
3
Meredith said... February 27, 2011 at 2:41 PM
Goodreads friend
meredithfl at gmail dot com
1
Meredith said... February 27, 2011 at 2:42 PM
Goodreads friend
meredithfl at gmail dot com
2
Meredith said... February 27, 2011 at 2:42 PM
Goodreads friend
meredithfl at gmail dot com
3
Meredith said... February 27, 2011 at 2:42 PM
Clicked the animal button
meredithfl at gmail dot com
Meredith said... February 27, 2011 at 2:42 PM
Clicked the literacy button.
Meredith said... February 27, 2011 at 2:43 PM
Old GFC follower #1
lizzi0915 at aol dot com
Reading said... February 27, 2011 at 2:53 PM
Old GFC follower #2
lizzi0915 at aol dot com
Reading said... February 27, 2011 at 2:54 PM
Old GFC follower #3
lizzi0915 at aol dot com
Reading said... February 27, 2011 at 2:54 PM
Count me in!
billiondollarprincesss@hotmail.com
maria said... February 27, 2011 at 4:22 PM
Clicked on the Literacy Site today
littleone AT shaw DOT ca
PoCoKat said... February 27, 2011 at 6:19 PM
Clicked on the Animal Rescue site today
littleone AT shaw DOT ca
PoCoKat said... February 27, 2011 at 6:20 PM
I would love to read this book.
lkish77123 at gmail dot com
Linda Kish said... February 27, 2011 at 7:36 PM
Clicked on The Animal Rescue Site
lkish77123 at gmail dot com
Linda Kish said... February 27, 2011 at 7:38 PM
Clicked on The Literacy Site
lkish77123 at gmail dot com
Linda Kish said... February 27, 2011 at 7:38 PM
clicked the Animal Rescue Site.
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... February 27, 2011 at 8:39 PM
clicked the Literacy Site.
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... February 27, 2011 at 8:41 PM
I just discovered M.C. Beaton's books. They look like interesting reads & I'd love to win this one.
Thanks for the giveaway!
megalon22 at yahoo dot com
CherylS22 said... February 28, 2011 at 11:22 AM
GFC follower
#1
megalon22 at yahoo dot com
CherylS22 said... February 28, 2011 at 11:22 AM
GFC follower
#2
megalon22 at yahoo dot com
CherylS22 said... February 28, 2011 at 11:22 AM
GFC follower
#3
megalon22 at yahoo dot com
CherylS22 said... February 28, 2011 at 11:23 AM
FB friend (Cheryl S)
#1
megalon22 at yahoo dot com
CherylS22 said... February 28, 2011 at 11:23 AM
FB friend (Cheryl S)
#2
megalon22 at yahoo dot com
CherylS22 said... February 28, 2011 at 11:23 AM
FB friend (Cheryl S)
#3
megalon22 at yahoo dot com
CherylS22 said... February 28, 2011 at 11:23 AM
I liked the giveaway post on FB (Cheryl S)
#1
megalon22 at yahoo dot com
CherylS22 said... February 28, 2011 at 11:26 AM
I liked the giveaway post on FB (Cheryl S)
#2
megalon22 at yahoo dot com
CherylS22 said... February 28, 2011 at 11:26 AM
I liked the giveaway post on FB (Cheryl S)
#3
megalon22 at yahoo dot com
CherylS22 said... February 28, 2011 at 11:26 AM
Goodreads friend (Cheryl S)
#1
megalon22 at yahoo dot com
CherylS22 said... February 28, 2011 at 11:26 AM
Goodreads friend (Cheryl S)
#2
megalon22 at yahoo dot com
CherylS22 said... February 28, 2011 at 11:27 AM
Goodreads friend (Cheryl S)
#3
megalon22 at yahoo dot com
CherylS22 said... February 28, 2011 at 11:27 AM
Clicked to give free food at The Animal Rescue Site
megalon22 at yahoo dot com
CherylS22 said... February 28, 2011 at 11:28 AM
Clicked to give free food at he Literacy Site
megalon22 at yahoo dot com
CherylS22 said... February 28, 2011 at 11:28 AM
I clicked on the Animal Rescue site today.
cenya2 at hotmail dot com
Marjorie/cenya2 said... February 28, 2011 at 3:09 PM
I clicked on the Literacy Site today.
cenya2 at hotmail dot com
Marjorie/cenya2 said... February 28, 2011 at 3:10 PM
New friend on Goodreads
lisa.shaw@barbersport.ca
Lisa said... February 28, 2011 at 6:30 PM
New friend on Goodreads #2
lisa.shaw@barbersport.ca
Lisa said... February 28, 2011 at 6:31 PM
New friends on Goodreads #4
lisa.shaw@barbersport.ca
Lisa said... February 28, 2011 at 6:31 PM
Friend request sent on FB #1
lisa.shaw@barbersport.ca
Lisa said... February 28, 2011 at 6:32 PM
Friend request sent on FB #2lisa.shaw@barbersport.ca
Lisa said... February 28, 2011 at 6:32 PM
Friend request sent on FB #3
lisa.shaw@barbersport.ca
Lisa said... February 28, 2011 at 6:33 PM
clicked the Animal Rescue Site.
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... February 28, 2011 at 11:42 PM
clicked the Literacy Site.
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... February 28, 2011 at 11:43 PM
clicked the Animal Rescue Site.
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... March 1, 2011 at 12:00 PM
clicked the Literacy Site.
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... March 1, 2011 at 12:00 PM
I clicked on the Animal Rescue Site today.
cenya2 at hotmail dot com
Marjorie/cenya2 said... March 2, 2011 at 6:07 AM
I clicked on the Literacy site today.
cenya2 at hotmail dot com
Marjorie/cenya2 said... March 2, 2011 at 6:08 AM
clicked the Animal Rescue Site.
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... March 2, 2011 at 3:19 PM
clicked the Literacy Site.
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... March 2, 2011 at 3:19 PM
I clicked the Animl Rescue Site.
cenya2 at hotmail dot com
Marjorie/cenya2 said... March 3, 2011 at 8:44 AM
I clicked on the Literacy Site today.
cenya2 at hotmail dot com
Marjorie/cenya2 said... March 3, 2011 at 8:45 AM
clicked the Literacy Site.
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... March 3, 2011 at 8:19 PM
clicked the Animal Rescue Site.
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... March 3, 2011 at 8:20 PM
clicked the Literacy Site.
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... March 4, 2011 at 8:43 PM
clicked the Animal Rescue Site.
bookloversarah1 at yahoo dot com
Sarah E
Sarah E said... March 4, 2011 at 8:43 PM
I clicked on the Animal Rescue Site today.
cenya2 at hotmail dot com
Marjorie/cenya2 said... March 5, 2011 at 12:03 PM
I clicked on the Literacy Site today.
cenya2 at hotmail dot com
Marjorie/cenya2 said... March 5, 2011 at 12:04 PM
About 20 years ago when I lived on the west island of Montreal, the municipality used to send a chimney sweeper to each house that had a fireplace. The city would pay the chimney sweeper and bill the residents. This method was used to ensure that each chimney was clean for the season and thus avoid a chimney fire.
pboylecharley AT hotmail DOT com
Charleydog said... March 6, 2011 at 7:58 AM
I like how this book takes place in Scotland.
susanbillietaylor [at] gmail [dot] com
Anonymous said... March 6, 2011 at 9:23 PM
I am an old follower of gfc.1
susanbillietaylor [at] gmail [dot] com
Anonymous said... March 6, 2011 at 9:25 PM
I am an old follower of gfc.2
susanbillietaylor [at] gmail [dot] com
Anonymous said... March 6, 2011 at 9:26 PM
I am an old follower of gfc.3
susanbillietaylor [at] gmail [dot] com
Anonymous said... March 6, 2011 at 9:26 PM
I Like you on FB as Susan Clarke Taylor.1
I am an old follower of gfc.
susanbillietaylor [at] gmail [dot] com
Anonymous said... March 6, 2011 at 9:28 PM
I am an old follower of gfc.2
susanbillietaylor [at] gmail [dot] com
Anonymous said... March 6, 2011 at 9:28 PM
I am an old follower of gfc.3
susanbillietaylor [at] gmail [dot] com
Anonymous said... March 6, 2011 at 9:29 PM
I am your friend on Goodreads.1
susanbillietaylor [at] gmail [dot] com
Anonymous said... March 6, 2011 at 9:33 PM
I am your friend on Goodreads.2
susanbillietaylor [at] gmail [dot] com
Anonymous said... March 6, 2011 at 9:33 PM
I am your friend on Goodreads.3
susanbillietaylor [at] gmail [dot] com
Anonymous said... March 6, 2011 at 9:34 PM
I gave free food at the Animal Rescue Site.
susanbillietaylor [at] gmail [dot] com
Anonymous said... March 6, 2011 at 9:37 PM
I gave free books at the Literacy Site.
susanbillietaylor [at] gmail [dot] com
Anonymous said... March 6, 2011 at 9:38 PM
I've heard so many great things about this author...I'd love to read this book. Thanks!
moonsword said... March 7, 2011 at 11:56 AM
Would love to win --- sounds great.
patricia dot mariani dot esq at gmail dot com
Patricia said... March 7, 2011 at 7:49 PM
Old follower GFC (as Patricia) #1
patricia dot mariani dot esq at gmail dot com
Patricia said... March 7, 2011 at 7:51 PM
Old GFC follower (as Patricia ) #2
patricia dot mariani dot esq at gmail dot com
Patricia said... March 7, 2011 at 7:52 PM
Old GFC follower as Patricia #3
patricia dot mariani dot esq at gmail dot com
Patricia said... March 7, 2011 at 7:52 PM
Ooh - I'd love to read this!
adrianecoros(at)gmail(dot)com
LAMusing said... March 9, 2011 at 12:45 AM
Old follower on GFC (1)
adrianecoros(at)gmail(dot)com
LAMusing said... March 9, 2011 at 12:46 AM
Old follower on GFC (2)
adrianecoros(at)gmail(dot)com
LAMusing said... March 9, 2011 at 12:47 AM
Old follower on GFC (3)
adrianecoros(at)gmail(dot)com
LAMusing said... March 9, 2011 at 12:47 AM
I gave food at the Animal Rescue site
adrianecoros(at)gmail(dot)com
LAMusing said... March 9, 2011 at 12:52 AM
Gave books at the literacy site
adrianecoros(at)gmail(dot)com
LAMusing said... March 9, 2011 at 12:54 AM
Friend requested you on Goodreads (1)
(as AdrianeCoros)
adrianecoros(at)gmail(dot)com
LAMusing said... March 9, 2011 at 12:58 AM
Friend requested you on Goodreads (2)
(as AdrianeCoros)
adrianecoros(at)gmail(dot)com
LAMusing said... March 9, 2011 at 12:59 AM
Friend requested you on Goodreads (3)
(as AdrianeCoros)
adrianecoros(at)gmail(dot)com
LAMusing said... March 9, 2011 at 12:59 AM
Friend requested you on Facebook (1)
(as AdrianeCoros)
adrianecoros(at)gmail(dot)com
LAMusing said... March 9, 2011 at 1:03 AM
Friend requested you on Facebook (2)
(as AdrianeCoros)
adrianecoros(at)gmail(dot)com
LAMusing said... March 9, 2011 at 1:04 AM
Friend requested you on Facebook (3)
(as AdrianeCoros)
adrianecoros(at)gmail(dot)com
LAMusing said... March 9, 2011 at 1:04 AM
Post a Comment